Last Updated October 15, 2020
The information that we collect:
- Personal Information
Generally, you can visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information (when we use the term “Personal Information,” we mean information that can be associated with a specific person and can be used to identify that person, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, mobile phone number, age, gender, date of birth, as well as additional sensitive information such as your social security number, financial information, financial account information, and other similar types of information. For example, you may provide us with Personal Information when you fill out forms or fields on the Site; when you register for a Drop Party account, and when you contact us or request information about us, this Site and our products or services (whether by email or other means).
- Cookies Information
- Automatically Collected Information
When you visit the Site, we may automatically receive and record certain information from your computer, web browser and/or mobile device, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, hardware and software settings and configurations, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after visiting the Site, the pages you view on the Site, your actions on the Site, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Site. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or wireless local area network signals.
How we use the information we collect:
- We use non-identifying information about your use of the Site to understand and analyze the usages trends and preferences of our users, to improve the Site, and to improve fraud detection and information security.
- We may use your e-mail address or other Personal Information (a) to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service, and/or to send you promotional materials. Generally, you can opt-out of receiving promotional communications, through links provided in the messages, by updating your account preferences through the Services, or by contacting us directly at email@example.com. Although your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, and analytics.
When we disclose information:
- We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to take precautions against liability; to protect Drop Party from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; or to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant.
- We make certain information available to third parties to comply with various reporting obligations, and for business or marketing purposes. When possible, we provide this information in a de-identified way.
- We work with third party service providers to provide website development, hosting, data storage, maintenance, and other services for us. To the extent it is necessary for these third party service providers to complete their contractual obligations to us, these third parties may have access to or process your information.
- In the event Drop Party were to be engaged in or contemplating a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, Drop Party may transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users.
Your Choices. You may, of course, decline to share certain information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Site.
Your Rights. You are entitled to the following rights:
- Right of access, rectification, erasure and restriction of processing: you may obtain access to your Personal Information stored by us by contacting us. If we process or use your Personal Information, we shall endeavor to ensure, by implementing suitable measures, that your Personal Information is accurate and up to date for the purposes for which they were collected. If your Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, you may obtain the rectification of such Personal Information by contacting us. You may obtain the erasure or restriction of processing of your Personal Information in situations where no legitimate business purpose exists or the further storage is unnecessary under statutory storage obligations.
- Right to data portability: you may receive the Personal Information about you that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transmit this information to another controller. To exercise this right, contact us.
- Right to object: you may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your Personal Information. To exercise this right, you must contact us as provided herein. To the extent your Personal Information is processed for reasons other than direct marketing, you understand and agree that we have compelling legitimate reasons for information processing, such as providing access to our Site. You may use ad-blocking software to limit information capture and usage. You may also contact us with questions about this policy or to make a removal request. Making a request does not guarantee that the request will be honored.
- Right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent to the collection or processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw your consent without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal by contacting us in writing.
- We currently store your Personal Information in the United States, but your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, or processed in a location outside of the United States.
- The legal basis for processing your Personal Information is:
- Processing is necessary in order for us to comply with legal obligations.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy. Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, we do not allow children under 13 years of age to use the Site, we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site are directed to persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Site at any time or in any manner. If we learn that information has been collected through the Site from persons under 13 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, then we will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under 13 years of age has obtained a Drop Party account or provided us with information, please alert us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we delete the information from our systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security. We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to protect the integrity and security of your information; however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, so we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us through the Site, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. We cannot control the actions of other users or other third parties with whom you may choose to share your information and therefore we cannot and do not guarantee that information you post through the Site will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site. Even after removal, copies of information that you have posted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information.
We retain information as long as it is reasonably necessary and relevant for our operations, and/or to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, or enforce our Terms or other agreements.
Limitation of Liability. By accessing this Site and/or providing us with Personal Information and other data, you expressly and unconditionally release and hold us harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of such information. In addition, while we take efforts to ensure the proper and appropriate use of data by our service providers that may receive your information from us, we are not responsible for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the use and/or misuse of your information caused by those service providers.
Do Not Track Disclosures. Third parties such as advertising networks, analytics providers, and widget providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use our Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for how DNT should work on commercial websites. Due to lack of such standards, the Site does not respond to Do Not Track consumer browser settings.
c/o Marco Marandiz
1006 Salem Lane
Austin, TX 78753